First of all, how many quotes have you read, and you were like damn that’s my life?
These travel quotes triggered us to think deeply about our lives. Mostly about regrets.
In fact, how many regrets are you carrying with you?
You know, no matter how much we make amends, we hold on to them.
But what we’ve learned about regrets over this lifetime is to have less of them.
And of course, many of us wished we traveled sooner, and maybe there were opportunities to travel abroad but we just didn’t.
Believe it or not, it’s possible to live this life when you remove limiting beliefs.
Travel will consistently remind you how beautiful the world is but most importantly; it’ll change you in a number of ways.
Usually, without permission––whether you like it or not because it’s often subliminal.
Because travel will do wonders for your soul. It’s the butterflies in your tummy because infatuation entangles you. It’s like the sun rising, announcing a new day.
By the way, traveling will heal you.
It reignites emotions inside of you that might have laid dormant. You see it’s like becoming kinky again with your partner before being overworked, before the kids, and before life’s responsibilities.
So, I hope these travel quotes do for you what they’ve done for me.
Make you feel alive.
40 Of The Most Unforgettable Travel Quotes
1) “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.”––Paulo Coelho
2) “A ship in harbor is safe, but that’s not why ships are built.”––Unknown
3) “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.”––Anon
4) “Not until we are lost do we begin to find ourselves.”––Henry David Thoreau
5) “Once a year go someplace you’ve never been before.”––Dalai Lama
6) “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.”––Danny Kaye
7) “Travel is a form of rebellion. We follow our hearts. We free ourselves of labels. We lose control willingly. We trade a role for reality. We lose the unfamiliar. We trust strangers. We own only what we can carry. We search for better questions, not answers. We truly graduate. We sometimes choose to never come back.”––Unknown
8) “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.”––Saint Augustine
9) “We travel not to escape life. But for life not to escape us.”––Unknown
10) “So much of who we are is where we have been.”––William Langewiesche
11) “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”––Ralph Waldo Emerson
12) “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”––Mark Twain
13) “And if travel is like love, it is, in the end, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness in which we are mindful, receptive, undivided by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best rips, like the best love affairs, never really end.”––Pico Lyer
14) “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.”––John Muir
15) “It’s a big beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.”––Oberyn Martell
16) “To travel is to discover everyone is wrong about other countries.”––Aldous Huxley
17) “The life you have led doesn’t have to be the only life you have.”––Anna Quindlen
18) “The greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time.”––Bill Bryson
19) “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life-and-travel leaves marks on you. Most of the time, those marks on your body or on your heart––are beautiful. Often, though they hurt.”––Anthony Bourdain
20) “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.”––Freye Stark
21) “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”––Andre Gide
22) “Every exit is an entry to somewhere else.”––Tom Stoppard
23) “Travel brings power and love back into your life.”––Rumi
24) “It’s better to travel well than to arrive.”––Buddha
25) “Because, in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”––Jack Kerouac
26) “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled.”––Mohammed
27) “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”––Mary Anne Radmacher
28) “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.”––Seneca
29) “I feel about travel the way a happy new mother feels about her impossible, colicky, restless newborn baby––I just don’t care what it puts me through.”––Elizabeth Gilbert
30) “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry, die. It can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other we may even become friends.”––Maya Angelou
31) “For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there have been and there you will long to return.”––Leonardo Di Vinci
32) “To travel is to evolve.”––Pierre Bernado
33) “The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.”––G.K. Chesterton
34) “If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousy, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.”––Cesare Pavese
35) “It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves––in finding themselves.”––Andre Gide
36) “Tourist knows where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.”––Paul Theroux
37) “If you reject the food, ignore the custom, fear the religion, and avoid people, you’d be better staying at home.”––James Michener
38) “The further I go the closer to me I get.”––Andrew McCarthy
39) “It’s not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way.”––Penelope Riley
40) “Who lives sees much. Who travels sees more.”––Arab Proverb
I hope these travel quotes inspire you to live so unencumbered that you feel free. And regrets are a thing of the past.
If you enjoyed this please share this post with someone who will benefit from it and also subscribe to our newsletter.
Frantzces is the co-founder of Chronicles Abroad and helps people to live a missioned driven life. She has written for Tiny Buddha, Medium and SOULE, an online publication for LGBTQ news and pop culture. Her mission in life is to inspire people to live missioned driven lives. Life is like a movie but unlike movies, there are no sequels. Click here for your FREE guide: 4 Easy Ways to Reduce Stress: Anytime, Anywhere For Less Than 15 Minutes.